The AES 5500 is a system of electronic and mechanical switches, an artificial network, and a unique control station designed for emissions testing to ISO 7637-2. Having gone through more than one year of development and intensive beta testing, the AES 5500 contains unique features and uncompromising quality and conformity found nowhere else. Comprised of a four-part solution, the user has complete control over where, when and how the switches can be placed and controlled. The 100 A connectors are carefully placed above the ground plane and countersunk to allow zero millimeters between the switches and the artificial network when rigorous dimensional tolerances must be followed. This solution also allows for the electronic or mechanic switches to be placed at any point before or after the artificial network - multiple mechanical switches may also be utilized at the same time as required by some applications and manufacturer‘s standards.
The AES 5500 is undergoing some exciting changes for ease of use and conformity with even shorter cable lenghts and a better AN and will be relaunched in Q1 2009.
AES 5500 highlights:
- The only complete, compliant solution for ISO 7637-2 emissions testing
- Clean, reliable 100 A operation with very low voltage drop
- Compliant 300 ns switching times
- Rugged construction with unpainted underside for good earth contact
- Industry standard relay footprint for a wide selection of relays (relay included)
- Easily selectable shunt resistor
- Additional relay switch with optional inserts for various industry standard relay
- Separate control station with automatic, manual or external triggering of the
- Numerous monitoring possibilities
- Countersunk connectors for precise test bench layout
- Virtually limitless control over switching times, resistances, and layout
- Easily adaptable to manufacturer‘s standards
- 12, 24 and 42 V relay drive voltages are provided